Sat NOV 10th: How To Hem
Being in the vintage clothing business, this seems to be the skill that everyone wants to know the most! This is the workshop where you will learn how to bring up the hem on either pants, skirts or dresses. You can either bring your own clothing to do this to or practise on some of our vintage clothing.
This will be a relaxed workshop environment, and made especially for beginners.
Annie-Rose, our friendly store manager, is passionate about getting people together, passing on valuable skills and coming against the idea of fast fashion to keep clothing around for as long as possible. As we are, too! So, we are thrilled that she has put together a series of mending and sustainability workshops where one can learn from scratch or upskill themselves. Other classes include; Hand Mending 101, Machine Mending, Learn Your Machine/Make Your Own Tote Bag, Learn Your Machine/Make Your Cami, and Elastic It In.
- Saturday the 10th of November
- We will gather in Crushes event space 'Dream Studios' above the 225 Karangahape Road store
- 11am - 2pm
- All event goers will receive a 10% off discount to spend in store as they wish on the day
- Everything is provided - you just need to show up!
- the class will only be cancelled if there are not enough tickets sold of which you would get a full refund.
- Alternatively if this class sells out, we are happy to create another time if there is enough interest. Register interest here
- Please bring your own machine if you have one, if not there are a handful supplied at the class that you can share with other sewers.