Sat OCT 6th: Hand Mending; hems, seams, tears, buttons
This is your Hand Mending 101 workshop. You will learn how to mend fallen hems, broken seams, and popped buttons by hand in a friendly class environment. You can bring your own clothing to fix, and/or you can practise your new skills on our vintage clothing.
You'll also get a complimentary Mending starters pack with thread, needles, and some buttons.
Annie-Rose, our friendly store manager, is passionate about getting people together, passing on valuable skills and coming against the idea of fast fashion to keep clothing around for as long as possible. As we are, too! So, we are thrilled that she has put together a series of mending and sustainability workshops where one can learn from scratch or upskill themselves. Other classes include; Machine 101/Make Your Own Produce Bag, Machine Mending, Darning Knits, Hem It Up, and Elastic It In.
- Saturday the 6th of October
- We will gather in Crushes event space above the 225 Karangahape Road store
- 12pm - 2pm
- All event goers will receive a 10% off discount to spend in store as they wish on the day
- the class will only be cancelled if there are not enough tickets sold of which you would get a full refund.
- Alternatively if this class sells out, we are happy to create another time. Register your interest for another class here
- If you are working on your own item, we recommend you bring matching thread if you want a close colour match for your project. Otherwise we have assorted threads for you to use.