Sat Dec 8th: Machine 101 / Make Your Own Tote bag
This is your Machine 101 workshop. This is where you will learn all the basics of using a sewing machine (including, parts of the machine, threading a machine, changing the bobbin, changing the needle and foot) while coming away with a super cute totebag - a must for Summer!
This will be a relaxed workshop environment, and made especially for beginners.
Annie-Rose, our friendly store manager, is passionate about getting people together, passing on valuable skills and coming against the idea of fast fashion to keep clothing around for as long as possible. As we are, too! So, we are thrilled that she has put together a series of mending and sustainability workshops where one can learn from scratch or upskill themselves. Other classes include; Hand Mending 101, Machine Mending, Darning Knits, Hem It Up.
- Saturday the 8th of December.
- We will gather in Crushes event space above the 225 Karangahape Road store
- 11pm - 3 pm with a break for lunch
- All event goers will receive a 10% off discount to spend in store as they wish on the day
- Everything is provided - you just need to show up! Or, if you have fabric that you would like to use, let us know and bring it along.
- the class will only be cancelled if there are not enough tickets sold of which you would get a full refund.
- Alternatively if this class sells out, we are happy to create another time if there is enough interest. Register interest here
- Please bring your own machine if you have one, if not there are a handful supplied at the class that you can share with other sewers.